Effective Date: May 9, 2018
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Within these categories, we may collect:
- Contact or registration information. You may provide a name, address, email address or telephone number when you enter a contest or sweepstakes; purchase goods; ask to receive updates, register for a promotional event, or sign up for a newsletter.
- Information you post online, such as comments you post, or in a community discussion. We may also offer you the chance to tell us, on our site or on questionnaires we offer on other sites, including social media, what you think of part or all of our Services, for example, a website or app. Posting information is voluntary. You may always choose not to provide us with information, but that may limit the features or information you can receive or enjoy.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by third parties that may require submitting personal information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Information about you, or your use of other products and services, that we obtain from other sources. We may obtain information such as demographic information (your age and gender for example) from publicly available sources. There may be social media widgets on our pages that help you view or share our content through your social media accounts. If you do share content on social media services, we may also receive information about your use of those social media services, or information you have published on social media, that helps us understand your interests. We may combine these types of third-party information, or other information we may license from third parties, with the information we receive when you use our Services
- Cookies. Like most websites, our websites make use of browser “cookies.” Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive or stores temporarily in your computer’s memory. Cookies may also help us, or third parties who serve advertisements or promotional messages on our behalf, recognize your browser or your device as one that has visited us and viewed our content when you return to our website, or even when you visit other websites. Cookies help us make your experience of using the Services more seamless, for example by storing information about what interested you on our site, so that we can provide you with related information. We may present information about this content to you through our Services or through advertisements we place on unaffiliated websites or services. In addition to browser cookies, we may use Flash cookies for similar purposes. These Flash cookies are similar to browser cookies and are used to remember settings, preferences and usage, but they are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. If you would like to delete Flash cookies, you will need to access your Flash Player settings management tool available on Adobe's website. For more information about Flash cookies and how to remove them from your computer, please visit https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
- Web Beacons. Our web pages or email messages may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon, which is sometimes called a “clear gif,” that allows us to monitor and collect certain information about our users, such as the type of browser, or the IP address of the device visiting the web page.
- IP addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer or network when you are on the Internet. When you request content through a web site or application, we use the IP address to direct the content to your device, and our servers log the IP address as we do that.
- Mobile Advertising IDs. When you use our Services on a mobile device, we may collect a Google Ad ID or Apple ID for Advertising (“IDFA”).
- Device IDs. When you access our Services from any device, we may collect a device ID, such as a MAC address.
- Cross-Device Information. If you access our Services from different devices or different browsers, we may use other information to link them to you. For example, we may use the location from which you are accessing the Services or the registration information when you sign in to features of our Services to associated devices. If you sign in or provide us with Personal Information from two different devices, we will know they are linked to you and to each other, but if we use other information to try to associate devices, we may only be able to make assumptions that they are probably linked. Linking devices helps us deliver content and promotional messages that may be relevant to you on all the devices you use.
- Information from social media. When you access our Services (for example, to view video) from a social media platform, or share our content through your social media postings, we may also collect information you make public on social media.
- Geolocation Data. We may collect information about the location from which you are accessing our Services. If you are using a mobile device, we may collect “Precise Geo-Location Information” that helps us determine where you are in real time. In the Your Rights and Choices section, we explain your choices about whether or not this information is collected.
- Other Information from Third Parties. We use third parties such as advertising companies, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers (“Third Party Advertising Service Providers” or, with others who assist us, our “Service Providers”) to help us collect and understand information on our Services and on unaffiliated websites, apps, and services, to deliver our promotional messages and content, and to help us make use of tracking technologies.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: Communicate with you; screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information; and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may also use other information about how you access and interact with our Services (such as how often you visit, or the times, dates, and lengths of your visits) (“Activity Information”) to tailor content and messages to you.
We also use information about how you and others use our Services to manage content delivery (for example by ensuring you do not see the same information too often), to do market research, to determine which parts of our Services are most interesting and helpful to people, and to improve our products and services, and for other similar purposes. We may use Service Providers to help us analyze and understand this information so that we can use it effectively.
We may also use information to confirm your identity, answer your questions, assist you, and update you. We may use your information to deliver newsletters or other services you request.3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Information may be collected and used by our Service Providers on our behalf. In addition to helping us with advertising related services, they may assist us with research and analytics, hosting, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, administering sweepstakes and contests, providing technology services, delivering content and email, and, processing payments. We will require our Service Providers to use only the information they need to perform services for us. We will not share Personal Information with Service Providers for their marketing or advertising purposes. We may share aggregate information about our site (how it is generally used) for business purposes, for example to demonstrate interest in our films.
We may share information (and you agree to this sharing) about video content you view through our Services with video measurement services and social media sites. If we do, we will ask for your consent, which will be effective for two years or until you withdraw it. This information may be shared through Tracking Technology.
We may share information among related companies. In other words, any company we control, are controlled by or are under control with (an “Affiliate”) may receive information from us and provide information to us. This information may be used for marketing and administrative purposes.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In addition, we may use or disclose information to
- Protect our legal rights (including copyrights or other proprietary rights) or the legal rights of others when we have a good faith belief that they are in jeopardy;
- Protect our privacy, or safety and security, and those of our affiliates, employees, agents, contractors or other individuals who use our services;
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity;
- Respond to legal process or requests for information from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, defend litigation, or limit damages;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights;
- Enforce our terms and conditions; or
- Include as part of the sale or transfer of our business (whatever form that may take) or the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of any of its assets.
This Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. MATES does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and believe MATES has collected such information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable methods to protect the information we collect. We use measures that are commonly used in our industry to protect data we process from unauthorized access, disclosure or modification. We take industry-standard precautions and follow generally accepted procedures to protect the security of data we process, store and transmit. However, no transmission or storage of data can ever be perfectly secure, so while we can assure you that we work hard to protect information in our control, we are not able to provide legal guarantees of data security.6. DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.7. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Newsletters. If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email message, or use any other means that may be provided to unsubscribe.
Opting out of Interest Based Advertising. As noted above, we collect information about your use of our Services, and through our Third Party Advertising Service Providers, we collect and use information about your use of other services. The use of Activity Data, including the information about your use and interaction with our Services that allows us (through our Service Providers) to deliver promotional messages to you on other unaffiliated websites, apps, or services, is “Interest Based Advertising,” or “IBA.” It isn’t possible to opt out of all data collection on all devices for IBA with one action. Online data is generally collected through Tracking Technologies, including cookies, and when you opt out of this data collection, we, or our Service Providers, store your choice in another cookie on your web browser. If you change devices or browsers, or clear cookies from your browser, you may need to opt out again. This opt out from online tracking for IBA will not affect the collection of data from apps on your mobile devices. In order to prevent your activities on a mobile device from being used to track you for IBA, you must go to “Settings” on your mobile device(s) and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS devices or “Opt Out of Interest Based Ads” for Android devices.
Opting Out from Third Party Advertising Service Providers. You can opt-out of third party use of Personal Information for Interest Based Advertising by going to those Service Providers’ own web sites and following instructions in their privacy policies about how to opt out. Service Providers that collect information through our Services for Interest Based Advertising generally participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which provides an opt out tool located at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/, and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program for Online Behavioral Advertising (the Ad Choices Program), which provides an opt out at http://optout.aboutads.info/#/. You may also opt out from third-party tracking across apps through the DAA’s app choices app.
Cross Device Tracking. If you do not want information that our Service Providers collect on one device to be used for Interest Based Advertising by us or others on other devices, you can opt through the NAI or DAA opt outs. Opting out from one device only removes that device from cross-device advertising. You may still receive ads on other devices that are based on Activity Data collected on devices you did not remove from cross-device tracking. For example, if you remove your phone from cross-device tracking, data from both your computer and your tablet may still be used to target advertising on and across both of those devices. When you opt out, devices may still be linked by Service Providers but that linkage will not be used to deliver cross-device Interest Based Advertising. In addition, if you sign in on any device using your Personal Information, and we know or have stored your preferences or interests, we may use those on all the devices on which you sign in to deliver you relevant promotional messages or content through our own Services.
Annapurna is based in the United States, our Services are directed to residents of the United States, and they comply with United States Law. If You are located in the European Union, Canada, or any other country outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be collected in and/or transferred to the United States, and processed in the United States, and the privacy laws that apply to our Services may not be equivalent to those in the country where you reside.13. QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
812 North Robertson Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA, 90069, United States